We will request a complete history of your pet’s health. Don’t forget to mention any unusual behavior that you have noticed in your pet, including:
- Eating more than usual
- Excessive drinking of water, panting, scratching or urination
- Weight gain or weight loss
We will also want to know about your pet’s daily behavior, including his diet, how much water he drinks and his exercise routine. Your veterinarian may ask:
- Does your pet have trouble getting up in the morning?
- Does your pet show signs of weakness or unbalance?
- Does your pet show an unwillingness to exercise?
Depending on where you live, your pet’s lifestyle and age, and other factors, We may also ask about your pet’s exposure to fleas, ticks, heartworms and intestinal parasites. He or she will develop an individualized treatment and/or preventative plan to address these issues.